This course is delivered over 4 half days starting on Wednesday 16th October 2013. This course in 1/3 off our normal price of £75.00pp.
- Wednesday 16th October 2013 - 1.30pm - 4.30pm
- Wednesday 23rd October 2013 - 1.30pm - 4.30pm
- Wednesday 6th November 2013 - 1.30pm - 4.30pm
- Wednesday 13th November 2013 - 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Who needs this qualification
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid is primarily aimed at those working in child-care settings, but it will be useful for anyone with responsibility for caring for infants and children.
The CIEH Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid is a two-unit award, comprising:
- Unit 1: Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- Unit 2: Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury
The training programme for Unit 1 covers the following topics:
- the role of the paediatric first aider
- dealing with emergencies
- management of an unconscious casualty
- management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- management of a casualty who is choking
- management of a casualty who is in shock
- management of a casualty who has a bleeding wound
It also provides the opportunity to practise the skills needed to administer first aid to an infant or child who is:
- not breathing
- bleeding from a wound and in shock
This course is brought to you by Hull CVS and SOVA
When & Where
Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS)
A registered charity, Hull CVS has been supporting the sustainable development of voluntary and community groups and promoting volunteering in Hull since 1981.
Our work is guided by the values of promoting justice, equality and improving quality of life.
Whether you are a small community-led group or a large one with paid members of staff Hull CVS is here to help you.