Paediatric Post Mortem - Communicating with Bereaved Families - Wednesday 5th April 2017 - Buckinghamshire
Wednesday, 5 April 2017 from 10:00 to 16:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To provide information and understanding in relation to post mortem examination and develop confidence in sensitive communication with bereaved parents
Supporting HTA Codes of Practice (2009) around Consent, Donation and Post Mortem
- to gain knowledge about different types of post mortem examination
- to understand what happens at a paediatric post mortem
- to increase confidence in talking to bereaved parents about post mortem examination
- to explore the issues around retaining tissue
- to get a clearer understanding of the need for consent
- to update knowledge of current research projects and Human Tissue
- Authority guidance
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.