Actions and Detail Panel
Painting With Oils - A Short Course - Starting 20th April for 6 Weeks
Thu 20 April 2017, 14:00 – 16:00 BST
Tutor: David Lloyd
Date and Time: Thursdays 2 pm – 4 pm (6 week block starting 20th April)
Cost: £90* or £120 (*Early Bird discount ticket if booked before 5th April) (6 week block)
Includes oil paints; participants to bring their own preferred canvas/board and brushes.
Please contact the centre or tutor directly for advice
The course covers:
- Preparation of canvases or other suitable supports.
- How to take a sketch, photo or other image and transfer it onto canvas ready for painting.
- Perspective both linear and aerial.
- Methods of underpainting.
- Selection and economical sources of oil colours.
- Various appropriate oil techniques such as, stumbling, sgraffito etc.
- Varnishing and sealing work.
- Selection of suitable mounts an/or frames.
To start the course David Lloyd gives each participant a photograph of a local scene ( all participants start with the identical photo) and are taken through the process of turning it into a painting. This takes two sessions after which, he will conduct a constructive critique of all work.
Session three through six allows each participant to select his/her own subject and the tutor will, if requested, provide help and advice.
All tuition is conducted in a friendly, helpful manner bearing in mind differing levels of students abilities.
The final objective is for each participant to end up with at least two finished works and leave with a firm understanding of the technique of oil painting-and,hopefully the desire to continue with the classes.
About the Tutor
David has a MA from Gray's School of Art, and is an accomplished and experienced tutor, as well as highly respected artist who has exhibited widely.
If you would like to ask any further questions of the tutor you can contact him by email at David.lloyd@talk21. com