Actions and Detail Panel
Parent Workshop - Early Years Reading, Writing, Maths and Creative Skills -...
Wed 29 March 2017, 18:15 – 20:00 BST
An exciting workshop delivered by Kids Allowed Founder Jennie Johnson MBE to help you understand the fun you can have while helping your children with the early stages of reading, writing, maths and creative skills.
Parents who have attended the workshops say that they have left empowered and seeing things very differently than the ideas they had about learning beforehand.
The Workshop lasts 90 minutes and is suitable for all parents, including parents with babies upwards, as the workshop covers the entire "learning journey" from birth to 5 years old.
The topics covered include:
- Play and why it's important (including "risky play", what it means and what children gain from participating in it)
- Creativity and why it is a vital skill for very young children.
- Mark making and emergent writing.
- Letter formation without a pencil in sight, including fun ways to engage children, like Jedi writing!
- Maths and what early years maths look like and how it isn't just about learning to count!
- Phonics and early reading skills
The workshops are for adults only. Unfortunately, to be fair on all those listening and participating, we ask that you do not bring along your children into the workshop. One of the rare occasions we say "No Kids Allowed!" However, we will offer a free creche for a limited number of children so if you would like a place in the creche, please email email@example.com with the name and age of your child(ren).