Actions and Detail Panel
Parental Guidance Workshop
Wed 19 October 2016, 19:30 – 21:30 BST
Join us for this two-hour workshop that gives parents guidance on XXX content. Topics addressed include:
- At what age should I talk to my child about the dangers of pornography?
- How can I protect their innocence and prepare them well?
- Do internet filters work when my teenager uses his phone away from the house?
- How big a problem is snapchat or these other apps I read about?
Parents will be given:
- Up to date information regarding online and digital culture.
- Practical tips for different ages and stages, with content for young children (8-12) and older (13-18)
- Advice for protecting younger children from accidental exposure, installing filters, safe searches etc.
- Access to step by step videos for setting up these features for “non techy parents”
- Information regarding mobile technology, apps and helpful way to restrict or monitor internet use.
- Advice for engaging with older children and teenagers and having healthy conversations regarding their online world.
Feedback from previous events:
- “Practical advice for parents of children age 8-18
- “Fun, down to earth and informative”