Actions and Detail Panel
PART HUMAN: PART STORY - Acting Summer School for Adults
Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 10:00 – Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 17:00 BST
Gain professional, drama school training this summer at Birmingham School of Acting's Acting Summer School for Adults.
An intensive week-long devising workshop in which participants will create an original performance from scratch. Taking as its starting point the reservoir of tales and fables we all carry within us, the workshop will explore rehearsal techniques for identifying the myths we live by and releasing their creative potential in performance. Drawing upon physical theatre, storytelling and improvisational traditions from around the world this course may be of particular interest to those seeking to augment their current practice or gain insight into the more spontaneous realms of drama training.
The course will run Monday to Saturday over the week and course fees also includes a visit to a professional theatre to watch a production.
BSA Acting alumni have gone on to work in all areas of the profession; including west end theatre, TV and film.
- Helen George (Call the Midwife)
- Catherine Tyldsley / Rob Mallard (Corronation Street)
- Luke Mabley (28 days later)
- Iris Roberts (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
- Sharon Sigh (as Roxanne in Cyrano - with Northern Boradsides)
- Sarah Middleton (The Hipocrite - RSC)
- Ian Weichardt (The Miser - The Garrick Theatre)
- Andre Costin (The Kite Runner - The Wyndhams)