Actions and Detail Panel
Party Like You're Vincent Price! A Pop-Up Clip Show Birthday Celebration!
Tue 30 May 2017, 19:00 – 22:30 BST
To mark the 106th birthday anniversary of the legendary American horror actor, art lover and dedicated gourmet Vincent Price, ESC Tours invites you to a special 'Explore, Savour, Celebrate' pop-up event on Tuesday, 30 May at the Alfred Hitchcock-themed pub North By Northwest in Islington, north London.
Away from the cameras the King of Horror loved to eat and the kitchen was his laboratory. His cookbooks were stuffed with recipes collected from all over the world - so many so that he and his wife Mary ended up producing two foodie bibles in the 1960s – A Treasury of Great Recipes and Come Into the Kitchen, which focused on American classics.
In celebration of the Cooking Price-wise legacy and the UK launch of the fantastic reprint of Come Into the Kitchen (which you can order with your ticket), Vincent and Mary’s daughter, author and inspirational speaker, Victoria Price and UK Vincent Price maven Peter Fuller invite you to come along to learn more about Vincent's cultural legacy of inspirational living, dining, and exploring the world.
And while you enjoy some fantastic pub grub, you'll be entertained with a very special film presentation featuring never-before-seen clips from the Vincent Price archives. Plus, in honour of the venue, a screening of the Alfred Hitchcock Present’s episode The Perfect Crime featuring Vincent Price.
All attendees will also have a chance to win some fantastic prizes with our fab FREE raffle.
TO RESERVE YOUR COPY OF COME INTO THE KITCHEN
• To pre-order your copy of Come Into the Kitchen, signed by Victoria Price, please use either the Combination Ticket (Book + General Admission) or the Couples Combo Ticket (Book + 2 General Admission tickets). Orders must be placed by 1 May 2017. A limited number of books will be available at the event for £25. There may not be enough books for everyone. Please order in advance if you think you would like a book.
• Books ordered are to be collected on the night. No-shows who have pre-paid for the book will be responsible for any postage charges.
• All tickets are for general seating only.
• All food and drinks can be ordered and paid for by guests at the bar
• Victoria Price will happily sign any memorabilia without extra charge
HOW TO FIND US
• Address and transport details available via the North By Northwest website: http://www.northbynorthwestpub.com/home