San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us at Salford Business School for a Pizza and #passion4digital book launch! Learn about our book - Digital and Social Media Marketing: A Results-Driven Approach and meet some of the authors and reviewers.
The pizza lunch is kindly sponsored by digital marketing competitor research tool SEMrush
The refreshments are kindly sponsored by digital marketing recruitment specialists The Candidate Ltd
This event will give you a taste of the current thinking and practices in Digital Marketing as captured by our book. Unique elements include:
- Collaboration of 20 authors and over 60 reviewers
- Co-creation of academic and industry perspectives in one coherent manuscript
- Lessons from award winning digital marketing case studies
- A European perspective on the rapidly growing digital marketing industry
This fun packed session will help you develop your professional networks and knowledge and understanding of digital marketing.
Thursday 8th December 2016 from 12 noon to 3 pm
What’s the plan?
12:00 to 12:30 - arrivals and Pizza
12:30 to 13:00 - Meet the Authors
- Gordon Fletcher @gordonfletcher - Salford Business School - Buyer Persona Spring
- Aleksej Heinze - @AleksejHeinze - Salford Business School - Importance of Search Engine Optimisaton (SEO)
- Sophie Iredale - @SophieIredale - Salford Business School - Quality and exciting digital content
- Martin Williams - @ukcopywriting - ukcopywriting.com - Doctor Strangewords
And How I Learned to Love the Blank Page
- Alex Fenton - @AlexFenton - Salford Business School - Being social on social media
- Ashley Jones - @_AshleyBJones - Founding team at - Epic examples from the social media marketing world
- Tahir Rashid - @drtahirrashid - Salford Business School - Know your mobile marketing
- Colin Telford - @telfordian - The Candidate Ltd - Why a career in digital is so hot right NOW!
Question & Answer
13:00 - Olga Andrienko - @olgandrienko - Head of Social Media at SEMrush - Lessons from Tinder for social media marketers
With 1,4 billion daily swipes and 26 million daily matches, Tinder definitely deserves marketers' attention. Olga will explain why Tinder is a perfect place to test your marketing skills, while focusing on principles of psychology.
Based on her experience on Tinder from both male and female perspectives, Olga will share how to optimise a Tinder profile for more conversions and craft a successful conversation funnel. Olga will take you beyond dating and share other ways you could use Tinder, such as for market research, branding and recruiting.
1:30 to 2:00 - Digital marketing game and quiz with prizes
When & Where
JEMSS project team
JEMSS is an ERASMUS (Lifelong Leaning) project part funded by the European Commission, which aims to develop a joint masters programme in Digital and Social Media Marketing.
It is a partnership between five European universities –
- Salford Business School, University of Salford, UK
- University of National and World Economy, Bulgaria
- City College, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Kaunas Technical University, Lithuania
- University of Lodz, Poland
- as well as a UK based company, The Candidate Ltd that specialises in Digital Marketing recruitment.
The project is concerned with developing an innovative Digital Europe focused masters programme that will address the needs of a growing Digital Marketing industry by developing the #passion4digital in the next generation of digital marketers.
See for more details http://mastersindigitalmarketing.org/about-digital-marketing-course/