Pathways to Professions
For all young people aged 18 - 25 years looking to gain the info, skills and contacts you need to succeed in your chosen career. This is an intensive 3-week programme (3 days per week) 10am – 4pm.
- Employability skills: CV’s, job search, application forms and supporting statements, assessment centres and interview essentials.
- Personal development: Team Work, Personal Branding, Goal Setting, Resilience, Confidence building and Motivations Skills.
- Intro to business: Customer Services, Finance, Marketing, Management, First Aid, Health and Safety.
- Guaranteed interviews and on-going support: Meet a mentor, employers and receive 1:1 information advice and guidance for up to 6 months following the course.
You will have access to a number of employers and agencies that will give you top tips to success and guaranteed interview and job information, these include:
- Macmillian Cancer Support
- The Home Office
- South West Trains
- Greenwich and Lewisham Youth Theatre
- Horinmans Museum
- JTL Training
- Creative Access
- more to be confirmed
Dates: 11th October 2016 - 27th October 2016 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Time: 10.00am - 16.00pm
Venue: The Stephen Lawrence Centre, 39 Brookmill Road, London SE8
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The Stephen Lawrence Centre is very close to St Johns train station (Mainline) and Deptford Bridge (DLR). Buses 47, 53, 453, 177, 188 and 225 also stop very close to the Centre. There is no parking on site but there is free parking in the surrounding area.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Please bring a pen and paper together with a wiliness to learn and take part.
Is lunch and travel cost provided?
Light refreshment shall be avaialble throughout the day however, lunch and travel cost will need to be covered by the young person participating on the programme.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email us via eventbrite or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8100 2800 if you have any questions.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No! if you register and have a confirmation, we will have your details already and look forward to meeting you on the day.