Activation is pleased to announce a series of Patient Experience workshops designed to help you get the most from your team.
September 29th 1.30pm - 5pm
Room 6, Whittington Education Centre, Whittington Health, Magdala Avenue, London N19 5NF
Following on the from the successful delivery of our Patient Experience Workshop in March for Haringey reception and admin staff, and due to popular demand, we are delighted to offer further opportunities to attend this informative and fun half-day workshop. The workshop is trainer led and uses actors to play out difficult conversations that take place between staff and service users. In our experience we've seen that where an organisation has happy staff they tend to have happier patients. So throughout the workshop we provide staff with simple tools and techniques to help them interact and connect with patients when all is well and when all is not well....providing both themselves and their service users with a great patient experience.
The course is open to all health and social care staff including GP Receptionists and Practice Managers, Dental Practice receptionists, Hospital receptionists, Pharmacy Counter assistants, Social Care staff and Local Authoriy Receptionist staff.
BOOKINGS TO BE MADE BY 24th September.
The session will focus on:
- Empathy: Putting ourselves in our customer’s shoes
- Attitude: The importance of adopting a positive attitude
- Ownership: Taking responsibility
- Action: Getting the job done
Activities will include testing and broadening the participants’ understanding of the patient experience and handling difficult situations. We will look at:
- Personal impact - status
- Flexing style
- Managing conflict
- Questions and listening
- Difficult conversations – skills practice
Outcomes of the session:
- An understanding of what makes for a good patient experience.
- Knowing how you communicate now – what works and doesn’t work
- Doing more of what works – especially the stuff that’s uniquely you!
- Equipped with tools to start changing what doesn’t work
- How to handle a difficult patient or situation
- Improved questioning and listening skills
”I will not hesitate to recommend this course to anyone. This is a rare treat. Gave me confidence in a wide range of encounters between patients and relatives.” Course participant. The Christie NHS Trust
"Excellent techniques to take away, thought provoking to change behaviours and lots of fun."
"Loved the Customer Care workshop. The trainer and actors were excellent"
"Customer Care training was really beneficial and taught me a lot"
Previous participants from North West London CCG's