Is your school struggling to engage some or all pupils in maths? Is maths a focus area in your school improvement plan? Do you have an interest in making maths more active?
This courses focuses on how cross-curricular links can be used to enhance and secure learning in Maths and PE. Essential for PE & Maths Coordinators, teachers with an interest in Maths and/or PE and teachers looking for new and exciting ideas.
Date: Thursday 17 November 2016
Time: 9am to 3.30pm
Venue: Kings Centre, 27 Edison Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23 6PT
Cost: £75.00 for first delegate from each school
£50.00 for each additional delegate from each school
Plus please consider making a £5 charitable donation to our sports trust.To find out more about the work that we do, or to donate more than £5, please click here.
- PE based practical sessions which focus on progression and demand in each subject area
- Cross-curricular learning in Maths and why it is of value
- What we want learnt and achieved in each subject area
- Planning a cross-curricular unit of learning with Maths and PE
By the end of the day you will
- Be clear about what makes effective cross-curricular learning in Maths and PE and how to plan for it
- Have a range of PE, Sport and Dance ideas and activities that are best developed through linking with Maths
- Be able to plan a lesson and unit of learning for Maths and PE (resources and templates will be provided)
- Know how to plan for progression in PE and Maths
A range of resources and templates will be provided that can be re-designed and developed to suit each school’s need.
Crichton Casbon (MA Curriculum Studies) is a nationally recognised leader in physical education and sport. His background in primary PE is extensive:
- Ø 8 years as a PE adviser in East Sussex teaching in 220+ schools
- Ø 11 years at QCA writing the national curriculum programmes of study and schemes of work
- Ø Joint-author with Dr Lynne Spackman of Assessment in PE
- Ø Specialist in developing powerful learning
If you have any enquiries about the course content, please contact Crichton directly email@example.com
If you are having problems booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org