As a Peer Contact you are the main point of contact for young people and adults affected by cleft,
who are seeking emotional support. We hugely value your commitment and dedication to the role and
want to make sure we are supporting you as much as possible with robust processes, regular
communication and opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills.
In order to best do this we have been busy making lots of changes and improvements to our volunteer
framework and processes and as part of the review we would like to invite all volunteer Peer Contacts to
attend a refresher day on one of the dates above. We are introducing this mandatory annual training to
make sure we can keep you up to date on changes at CLAPA, keep in touch with you and hear what is
working and what isn’t and enable you to meet up with fellow volunteers and share ideas and experiences.
We really need everyone to attend an annual refresher but understand that in exceptional circumstances
that this might be not possible, in which case please get in touch with your main point of contact at
CLAPA so we can talk to you about this.
Areas covered in the training:
- Understanding the responsibilities and the limitations of the role of a Peer Contact
- Case Scenarios and managing difficult questions
- Cleft Team Administration/Referrals and Communication
- Staying in touch and asking for help
- Time Management and Boundaries
- Time to meet other Peer Contacts from across the UK, share experiences and offer ideas and solutions
We will cover all reasonable travel expenses and lunch will be provided, please remember to travel by the cheapest mode of transport where possible.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the training!