The CLAPA Peer Contact service is designed to enable people who are affected by Cleft
Lip/and or Palate to receive support from someone who has 'been there' themselves.
As a trained Peer Contact you would provide support via phone and email, offer a
listening ear and use your personal experience to provide emotional support to other adults in
We are holding one day training on Saturday 1st October to give you the skills,
knowledge and confidence you need to efectively support peers.
Areas covered in the training:
- Understanding the responsibilities and the limitations of the role of a Peer Contact
- Case Scenarios and managing difficult questions
- Cleft Team Administration/Referrals and Communication
- Staying in touch and asking for help
- Time Management and Boundaries
We will cover all reasonable travel expenses and lunch will be provided, please remember to travel by the cheapest mode of transport.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the training!