Understanding Pension Auto Enrolment & Sage Payroll Processing
This training seminar has been specifically written due to demand from our clients.
It aims to inform and educate those who will be responsible for Pension Auto Enrolment. Not only do we discuss the practicalities of getting things up and running ahead of your staging date, but also an overview of how Sage One and Sage 50 payroll software make processing your pensions for auto enrolment easy.
Price includes refreshments, light lunch and handouts
9.30am until 12.30pm
- What is Pension Auto Enrolment and how does it affect your business?
- Understanding your staging date and what you need to do and when
- Auto Enrolment Exemptions – how do you qualify
- Who are The Pensions Regulator and what information do you need to send them
- Nominating a point of contact with The Pensions Regulator
- How you can apply company postponement
- How to choose your pension provider and what to consider
- Assessing your workforce’s eligibility
- Communicating to your workforce
* * *
12.30pm until 1.30pm
* * *
1.30pm until 4.30pm
Sage makes pension auto-enrolment easy to process. In this afternoon session, we show you how to use both Sage One and Sage 50 Payroll to process your pensions for auto-enrolment.
We will step you through an overview of the following for both Sage One and Sage 50 Payroll:
- Setting up your Pension Module and Pension Scheme
- Pension Assessment – including postponement, opt-out notices, leave notices, opt-in notices and join requests
- How the Pension is shown on the payslip and employee record
- Which pre-update reports to print to show pension values
- Send Pension Data, applicable – how this option works and which pension providers it supports
- Review Pension Payments, if applicable
- Send Pension Correspondence, if applicable
- What you need to do on your pension portal to upload enrolled members and contribution schedules (we use NEST as an example)
- Maintaining Records
- On-going assessments and triennial re-enrolments
Cancellation or Deferral of Classroom Course
A minimum of 14 days written notice prior to the course start date is required for cancellations or deferral of any individual classroom course or classroom course bundle. If 14 days written notice is provided, we will refund you in full. Under no circumstances will a refund be given if less than 14 days notice is given, or if the course has already started.