Actions and Detail Panel
Performance Review: Moving forward through feedback
Tue 22 November 2016, 09:30 – 12:30 GMT
This workshop is for London Metropolitan University Staff Only
Managers and supervisors who have responsibility for the performance review and development of their teams.
Why you should attend?
Do you ever feel like giving negative feedback is one of the most difficult parts of your job as a manager? Many managers avoid giving feedback but it can allow relatively straightforward performance issues to go unresolved.
Whilst giving negative feedback is never likely to be enjoyable for either party, this course will help you to do it in a way that improves the performance of the person receiving the feedback whilst maintaining his or her self-esteem and goodwill towards the manager and the organisation.
This course aims to help you use feedback as an effective tool to encourage self-reflection and fix performance problems. The techniques explored in this workshop will support a range of conversations, including:
- performance review discussions;
- one to one meetings;
- probation meetings;
- informal sickness or conduct meetings.
This course will help you:
- Improved capability and confidence to hold meaningful feedback conversations relating to both performance and behaviours
- Using powerful questions to encourage people to self-assess against their performance and development objectives
- The knowledge and tools to convey useful, specific feedback in a variety of situations
- Time to reflect on and identify your own personal development areas in relation to how you both give and receive feedback
- Improved frequency, clarity and quality of feedback conversations in every direction
- Break down barriers and myths – open and straightforward feedback is positive and motivating, and an essential component of a high performing organisation
Performance Review, moving forward through feedback is one of the essential bitesize sessions in a series of eight workshops for managers and supervisors.
Other events in this series:
- Leading change resiliently
- Powerful questioning for performance success
- Performance and development objectives that work
- Behaviour based interviewing skills
- Managing attendance and wellbeing
- Practical coaching skills
- Resolving conflict effectively
Hosted by: Centre4Learning
Before reserving a place on this workshop, it is recommended that you discuss your development needs and how you will apply your learning after the event with your Line Manager.