Monday, 31 October 2016 from 12:30 to 14:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Any member of staff required to perform peripheral cannulation as part of their role.
Aim & Outcomes
Aim: To ensure staff have the knowledge and skills to perform peripheral cannulation safely and effectively.
On completon the delegate should be able to:
- Select correct equipment to perform the procedure
- Demonstrate effective vein assessment
- Demonstrate safe and effective insertion of a peripeheral cannula based on up to date evidence and policy
- Complete the required documentation accurately
- Demonstrate knowledge of the reasons for the continuing assessment of the site and care of the cannula, including documentation of this
- List the indications for the removal of the cannula