The one day course will benefit all frontline staff and volunteers.
Aims of the course
The course aims to develop awareness of the risks to personal safety whilst working alone and how to mitigate a difficult situation.
Objectives of the course
Participants will learn about:
- Identifying foreseeable risks to personal safety
- Working well with boundaries in your role's
- Reporting all incidents to your line manager
- The importance of following your organisation’s policy
- Sharing strategies of how to avoid and reduce risks to safety
- Recognising early warning signs
- Tips and techniques for defusing aggressive behaviour