The one day course will benefit all frontline staff and volunteers.
Aims of the course
The course aims to develop awareness of the risks to personal safety whilst working alone and how to mitigate a difficult situation.
Objectives of the course
Participants will learn about:
- Identifying foreseeable risks to personal safety
- Working well with boundaries in your roles
- Reporting all incidents to your line manager
- The importance of following your organisation’s policy
- Sharing strategies of how to avoid and reduce risks to safety
- Recognising early warning signs
- Tips and techniques for defusing aggressive behaviour.
Terms and conditions
Training booking on Eventbrite must be paid by credit or debit card using Visa, Mastercard or American express. In exceptional circumstances, credit facilities may be available. Please contact the organiser to discuss your request at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 225 8508.
If you need to cancel your booking and give more than two weeks’ notice, we will refund your payment in full. If you cancel with less than two weeks’ notice, we will refund 50% of your fee.