If you are actively involved in helping to make Personalisation and Individual Accounts work for people in Bradford & District, then please come along to this event on 10th May from 930am at Kirkgate Community Centre in Shipley.
This event is aimed at:
- Any third sector organisation actively involved in setting up services for people with Individual Accounts, as part of the Personalisation agenda.
- Anyone with a keen interest in how Personalisation can be made to work in Bradford - and who is willing to get involved over the next few months in helping more people access services via Individual Accounts.
You might be a social worker, a person who currently receives support from social services, an occupational therapist, an investor in social care innovation, a service designer, an employee of Adult Services, or none of the above! But whoever you are, if you want to be part of making things work in Bradford, please come along.
This won't a talking shop - or a forum for endless discussions of the theory of Personalisation. Instead we aim to make it easier to take practical steps forward so that more people can access services with Individual Accounts.
We firmly believe that if we are to make real progress on this, we need a wide range of people involved in helping to set up services.
This event will use an open space format - with you setting the agenda, both for the meeting and for the network. Broadly this means:
- If you have an idea you'd like to work on with others (creative support planning, marketing of services, pooling of individual accounts, development of services packages, or whatever) you can add this to the agenda.
- Then, other people interested in your idea can join you in small groups to discuss this idea further.
- It's up to you what happens (or doesn't happen) but we hope that these conversations will lead to further practical work which will help you to make progress on setting up services in Bradford.
The network isn't funded - so success (or otherwise) is down to each of us. If it's useful, we'll probably keep working together. If it isn't, then we won't.
It would be great to see you there on the 10th. Please arrive any time after 930, for a prompt start at 10am. We'll provide refreshments throughout the morning, and will finish at 1pm.
We have the room til 2pm so please bring a packed lunch if you'd like to stay for lunch and continue the conversations.
When & Where
Social Business Brokers
Social Business Brokers was set up as a Community Interest Company in 2010 by Leeds-based social entrepreneurs Gill Coupland and Rob Greenland.
Gill is also a founding director of Angels Housekeeping, whilst Rob has run The Social Business since 2005.