Peruvian food is an enticing mixture of influences – Spanish, Japanese, North African and Creole – blended with native Incan flavours to make a unique and increasingly popular cuisine internationally. The variety of Peruvian food is reflected today in a selection of signature dishes including classic marinated fish ceviche; spicy, creamy, aji de gallina chicken; fresh salterito salad and croquetas with a Huancaina cheese sauce. Typical seasoning notes include native chilies, lemon, onion, garlic and coriander.
London-based chef Fabricio Cano is a Peruvian native and has worked at high profile and Michelin starred restaurants in Peru and Europe. Currently teaching at several London cookery schools, Fabricio also provides food styling and food development services for publishers and food companies in the UK.
Peruvian dishes you will learn on this course:
• Salmon ceviche ( Marinated salmon with lemon chili and coriander)
• Sea bass ceviche ( Marinated salmon with lemon chili and coriander)
• Leche de tiger (tiger’s milk citrus based marinade that cures the fish in the ceviche)
• Chilcano clásico de pisco (Peruvian drink)
• Solterito (Peruvian fresh salad with broad beans, tomatoes, onions, corn and olives)
• Spicy chicken creamy chicken
• Anticuchos ( marinated chicken thighs )
• Peruvian croquetas with creamy cheese sauce
Half way through the day we will take a 60 minute break for lunch where we'll sample some of the dishes we've cooked so far.
Tickets are priced at £95 per person.
Please note that tickets are not refundable.