San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It's not often that we invite an artist back within a year, but Pete's support slot in July 13 impressed us so much that he's back with us 8 months later. Leeds born and bred, now based in Headingley, this singersongwriter's 2008 debut Sirens has been described as "less of an album, more of a sort of musical trellis; twelve songs of structure and rigidity and lush lyrical sprawl, including Greenwood's attempts at writing 'a really really crappy ITV drama', tales about taxi drivers on the Westway, Victorian gin, Charles Manson and the search for a pair of decent shoes, all told in his soft, earthy tones."
Currently writing his sophomore album, and playing live throughout the UK, Pete is hoping to have a live album out soon, recorded at Cecil Sharpe House in December 2013
Pete will be accompanied by a motley band of musical companions from the Live At All Hallows team's meeting venue Arcadia.
In support, and also returning to Live At All Hallows though this time solo, is the difficult-to-pigeonhole Ric Birtill. Influenced by psychedelia and art-punk, Ric's music has been described as "off-kilter folk" and has drawn plaudit from many sources. His songs "encompass such matters as getting the right car parking space at a supermarket, the soul destroying nature of working in customer 'care', and the absurdity of being on the dole."
“It’s so refreshing when something genuinely new, fresh and a little bit startling comes along. Ric Birtill ticks all three boxes” – Spiral Earth
Tickets £5 advance, £6 on the door, available here and in due course from Jumbo Records, Leeds
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.