Actions and Detail Panel
PG Workshop Peterborough
Mon 28 November 2016, 19:15 – 21:30 GMT
The 'PG Workshop' is a 2 hour workshop for parents of children aged 8 - 18 years, giving practical guidance on Phones, Filters and Digital Dangers - delivered by The Naked Truth team.
This workshop would also be useful for those who work with children and young people.
We have secured funding to offer this highly informative evening for free as we want as many people to be able to attend and access this evening as it is such an important issue.
This workshop is open to anyone in the community regardless of background or belief.
Parents will be given:
• Up to date information regarding online and digital culture.
• Practical tips for di erent ages and stages. Both the workshop and exclusive PG parents pack has content for young children (8-12) and older (13-18)
• Advice for protecting younger children from accidental exposure, installing lters, safe searches etc. e pack includes step by step videos for setting up these features for “non techy parents”
• Information regarding mobile technology, apps and helpful way to restrict or mon- itor internet use.
• Advice for engaging with older children and teenagers and having healthy con- versations regarding their online world. ( e pack includes discussion starters and other helpful resources.)
The Naked Truth Project aims to open eyes and free lives through awareness, education and recovery programmes. A key area of Naked Truth’s work has focussed on children and young people. In the last 24 months, we have worked directly with over 7500 young people through schools and young groups and delivered workshops to over a 1000 parents.