The PG (Parental Guidance) Workshop by Naked Truth Project is a 2-hour session for parents, guardians, teachers, youth workers (anyone that works with or cares about children and young people).
Parents often ask us questions like:
- At what age should I talk to my child about the dangers of pornography?
- How can I protect their innocence and prepare them well?
- Do filters work when my teenager uses his phone away from the house?
- How big a problem is snapchat or these other apps I read about?
The two-hour workshop includes:
- Up-to-date information regarding online and digital culture
- Practical tips for different ages and stages - in primary and secondary school
- Exclusive access to our online resource pack - with useful links, step-by-step tutorials and conversation starters
Tips for younger kids:
- How to set up parental controls and safety features on computers and devices.
- What to do if your child has accidental exposure to adult content.
- When and how to start talking about online dangers.
Tips for teenagers:
- How to monitor devices and give some freedom.
- Understand apps like WhatsApp, Snachat and KiK.
- Help your teenagers think about and question what they choose to see and share online.
Come and join us for a relaxed, informative and practical workshop that will help you navigate the issues of parenting in today's digital world.