Actions and Detail Panel
PHARMA LEADERS IP CONFERENCE 2016
Thu 13 October 2016, 10:00 – 16:30 BST
Join us for a day of discussion and debate on intellectual property issues and opportunities in the pharmaceutical sector.
Hosted by Patent and Trade Mark Attorney firm J A Kemp, the second annual Pharma Leaders IP Conference will explore current and future topics of interest for pharmaceutical businesses.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided, and there will be plenty of time for networking.
Joining J A Kemp’s in-house experts will be Shaun Stapleton, Head of Regulatory Affairs at ReNeuron, who will be discussing issues governing the protection of clinical data and the benefits of securing orphan drug status.
- Tips for maximising IP for pharmaceuticals
- Extending patent life by building a comprehensive portfolio: how to identify new IP during clinical development
- Using trade marks as a tool for extending protection
SPCs and Patent Term Extensions
- How to ensure your IP portfolio is ready for marketing authorisation
- Tips to maximise the potential for Supplementary Protection Certificates / Patent Term Extensions around the world
- Best practice for drafting and prosecuting defensible patent applications
- Review of Patent Office attitudes around the world
Litigation in Europe
- Dispute resolution and the process of enforcement of patents
- Review of current data exclusivity rules in major jurisdictions
- Discussion of requirements for securing orphan drug status and the market exclusivity benefits which can therefore be achieved