San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Introduction to Photographic Lighting
- Why use lighting.
- Flash & continuous lighting, why use one over the other.
- Studio flash & portable hotshoe flash (flashguns), pros & cons
- Off-Camera Flash
- What is off-camera flash and why use it.
- Firing a flash off-camera; sync cables, wireless triggers, slave
- Flash Exposure
- Flashgun exposure modes: TTL (auto), manual
- Metering for flash using a flash meter
- Finding your flash exposure without a flash meter
- Relationship of flash power to aperture.
- How does shutter speed fit in
- Sync speed explained
- Key light, fill, backlight - what do these terms mean.
- Lighting ratios
- Effect of subject to light distance on exposure (Inverse Square Law).
- Light Modifiers & Reflectors
- What are light modifiers and why use them
- What are reflectors (& flags).
- Using small or large light sources to produce hard or soft light.
- Bouncing flash.
- Types of modifiers; umbrellas, softboxes, reflectors, grids & more.
- Using modifiers & reflectors to create different looks & styles.
- Studio Lighting
- Types of studio lights; Flash (strobes), tungsten, HMI, LED
- Grip equipment; lighting stands, booms etc
- Safety around studio lights & equipment
- What is a C47 !
- Using flash with Daylight
- Overpowering the sun - flash power & sync speed.
- High speed sync
- Metering for the ambient light (daylight)
- Using shutter speed to independently control ambient light
- Balancing daylight with flash
- Fill flash
Save This Event
When & Where
OLD JET is a new arts centre on the ex U.S. Air Force Base Bentwaters Parks in Suffolk. Please visit our website and social media site to keep up with events, classes and courses. www.oldjet.co.uk