Actions and Detail Panel
Photography Masterclass with Doug Harman
Sat 11 February 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 GMT
Do you want to learn more about photography and how you can improve your cameras skills and photo-technique? Yes! Then sign up for the latest of The Creative Collective's one-day photo workshops today for just £57.90 per person.
Workshop Learning Aims
The aim of the the workshop is helping you get to grips with some of the more advanced features on your camera and improve your general photography skills, so all are welcome. While the course is aimed at the beginner to intermediate in terms of experience, we cater to those that want to improve their snapping skills on any camera or device, yes, even your smartphone.
What You'll Do and Learn
You'll have a familiarisation session where you'll go through the camera settings and which are going to help your photography progress. Then you'll be shown some tips and tricks that will help you to get better shots too.
Then you'll go out and do a practical shoot, using those tips and techniques putting into practice the things learned and all the while being expertly guided by best selling photographer, Doug Harman.
After the Shoot
Once the shoot is over, we will return to the Bauhaus Cafe and Gallery and look over your photographs and then do some basic image editing on PC or your smart device and finally, print out your best image.
The workshop starts at 09:30 and finishes at 16:30.
What is included in the day:
• Expert guidance and tuition
• Refreshments are included throughout the day.
• Printing facilities
• Certificate of achievement
What you'll need to bring:
• A camera or smart device
• Your laptop (or suitable tablet or smart device)
• A packed lunch
• Notebook, memory card with plenty of space.
09:30 - Introduction:
1/ Talk over your camera
2/ Camera and photo basics
3/ Controlling colour and white balance
5/ Handling and menus and camera set up
• Apertures and Shutter control: Why and what do they do?
• Aperture priority for depth of field control
• Shutter priority for motion/blur control
• Framing – Fill the Frame.
• Portrait or landscape format
• Focal length, how it affects the shot and avoiding camera shake.
11:30 - Practical Location shoot:
• Street Photography and Candids
13:30 - Lunch
14:30 – Image Download and Editing
• Convert to black and white
• Filter and plug-in effects
15:30 - Finally
Picture assessment, Q&A and print a couple of your favourites from the day.
16:00 – End of the day.