Actions and Detail Panel
Physical Computing at KS2 - 17th November - Afternoon
Thu 17 November 2016, 13:30 – 15:30 GMT
Would you like to make programing hands on in the classroom?
This 2 hour course will give you practical hands on experience of using physical computing in your classroom.
- Discover more about what physical computing is.
- Reflect on how to teach computing.
- Try out some projects that can be used back in class.
- Investigate some devices available to schools to teach physical computing.
- learn to program with an inexpensive microcontroller board called a Codebug.
- learn how to program a robot called an mBot.
- leave with a new excitement for teaching computing.
Please note the physical resources used are not free but they are tools we like and have used in schools already.
The session will be he held at the 3BM Training Room, which is near to Hammersmith station. Tea / coffee / biscuits are included.
This session is led by a practicing classroom teacher who is also a Computing At Schools (CAS) Master Teacher, runs the local Hammersmith CAS Hub and is a Raspberry Pi distinguished educator.
The cost for this session is £40.
Please check the time and date carefully as there are two courses running on this date one in the afternoon and one after school.