Are you a singer that would love to play the piano and accompany yourself?
Have you ever wanted to learn to play piano without needing to read sheet music or work through grades?
Have you always dreamed of playing the keys whilst singing your favourite music?
Have you ever thought its too late or too hard to learn?
This is the perfect day for you!
You will learn:
- Incredible quick and simple ways to learn all the notes of the piano
- To understand the complex world of chords which are the building blocks of all music
- How to navigate the piano and put this knowledge into practice
- To play a song on the piano (in 1 day! Seriously?.....YES!)
- Knowledge that will allow you to improve outside of this event
The day will be:
- Friendly, supportive group environment
- An open mind
- A notepad and pen to make any additional notes
- To be 18 or over - this course is designed for adults, not children
You do not need:
- Any previous piano experience (in fact, if you've had any kind of piano lessons in the past get in touch to see if this event is right for you).
- Good singing skills - the course is aimed at singers, however you will not be required to sing on this day and will still learn loads from the event
Schedule for the day:
09:30 - 09:45: Arrive, meet and great with other people at the event
09:45 - 10:00: Introduction and expectations of the day
10:00 - 11:00: Interative games to memorise all the notes on the piano
11:00 - 11:30: The magical world of sharps and flats
11:30 - 11:45: Comfort break
11:45 - 13:00: The building blocks of chords
13:00 - 14:00: Lunch (lunch will not be provided so please bring food or get involved with one of the many local eateries!)
14:00 - 15:00: Chord recap
15:00 - 15:30: Playing your first song!
15:30 - 16:00: Ways to apply this knowledge for the future!