Soggy sandwiches are not our style, we prefer a picnic of salads, homemade breads and pita, lavash and bread sticks, hummus, Scotch eggs, pork pies as well as some sweet treats such as pavlova and choux buns and of course a homemade cordial.
Join us for a day in our cookery school creating the most delicious picnic treats, which will be perfect to recreate not only for family days out, but also to take when visiting friends and family, or simply for a summer gathering at home.
- Arrive at 10am for a welcome tea/coffee and chat about the day ahead
- A wander around our vegetable plot, picking and discussing seasonal produce for our picnic
- Demonstrations and practical sessions making our picnic treats
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on our terrace (weather permitting) including some of the treats made in the morning
- Afternoon is dessert time! We will show you and make with you some delicious sweet treats which will make your picnic stand out from the rest.
To take away: All notes and recipes from the day and some of the day’s preparations.
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Woodspeen Cookery School
The Woodspeen Belmont
RG20 8BN Newbury
Description of the cookery school