Ambitious to export, and to develop your export trade skills?
Then Plan for Export Success - with a Peer-Group of HIE businesses – on the Intermediate Programme starting in Inverness on Wednesday 22nd February 2017.
This FREE group programme, runs over three days (February - March 2017), is open to Highlands and Islands companies and is fully funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise with funding from the European Regional Development Fund*.
This programme is targeted at Highlands and Islands companies that are now ready to take on the challenge of developing new business in export markets (or to introduce greater strategy & structure to the export steps already taken) – and want to develop the export capability to grow the businesses in international markets.
How your company can benefit?
- Increased awareness of the opportunities offered by exporting;
- Greater appreciation of the capabilities and resources needed to export successfully – and to sustain that success in international markets;
- An understanding of how market research can be used to screen and select the right export markets – and the right sales channel partners;
- Guidance on how to develop your company's business model, value proposition, and route to market strategy - for export markets;
- Advice on your company's pricing strategy and payment methods;
- Support with the development of a robust action plan for the development of new international business.
This group programme involves a series of three 1-day workshops during February - March 2017.
- Wednesday 22nd February 2017
- Wednesday 8th March 2017
- Wednesday 22nd March 2017
The workshops are delivered in an open and dynamic way by a facilitator with many years’ experience in international business.
The focus is not on academic learning – but is on the application of good export process and practice to the participant businesses, so the sessions work as a Peer Group Planning forum – where
- companies develop export strategy guided by best practice thinking on export process and practice; and at the same time
- participants develop export capability and skills.
Here’s how previous participants have benefitted:
"I found the Intermediate Programme an exceptionally good course. It was like having a manual on how to target, choose and manage new markets for export. I'm now very excited to be able to implement this manual in our company"
“I found I took different aspects from each day – everything was so useful and really helped to focus our export strategy”
“The work on partner selection process & criteria is very good. In addition, the partner proposition presentation opened my eyes to what we could be doing better”
The Programme is delivered by Martin McBride (Envision) who has 30 years’ experience of exporting / international business, in industry, consultancy, and ongoing investment and board involvement in exporting businesses.
For other courses and advice on international trade visit www.hie.co.uk/InternationalTrade
Planning for Export Success is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund in partnership with Scottish Development International and Highlands and Islands Enterprise. It is run by Highlands and Islands Enterprise, in partnership with Scottish Development International.