San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
I'm a business growth specialist. I'm also a sole-trader. I was also a business start-up 10 years ago. And that can be tough and lonely at times.
Having run planning workshops for the last 10 years, I have now created one especially for sole-trader businesses. More than other people in business, it's important that we as sole traders periodically step-back and invest a little time in reviewing what we've been doing; recognising where we are today; reminding ourselves why we're doing this; re-aligning ourselves as to where we're going; and creating an action plan to move us in that direction - a practical, achievable plan for the next 3 or 4 months. The key is to keep it simple, get ourselves focused again, get inspired and get out there again and make our plan a reality.
During the day we will be covering these key areas:
- Managing our time and creating better disciplines and habits.
- Generating more good quality leads.
- Converting those leads into great customers, clients or patients.
- Retaining and Developing those clients.
- How to charge higher prices and avoid discounting.
- Creating systems to make life easier and our outcomes more consistent.
- The possibity of out-sourcing to make life easier and improve our productivity.
- How technology can help.
- What skills we should be developing.
- How to keep our enthusiasm and energy levels high.
Just as importantly - possibly more importantly - you're going to leave with the energy and enthusiasm to really get cracking on your plan to make your business and therefore your life better.
If you've not been to a planning day before you'll discover that you'll get a fantastic amount of support and encouragement from the other people who will be in the room. You'll discover that you're all in this together, you're facing very similar challenges (even though you're in different businesses), you're all open-minded, you're all the kind of people who naturally want to help other people. It really is a great day!
In this planning workshop you will:
- Create inspiring goals and a realistic plan to achieve them
- Gain marketing insights that will differentiate your business and generate new leads
- Get control of your time & work fewer hours
- Determine what the key numbers are to focus on
- Generate ideas to overcome your biggest challenges
- Share ideas & network with other like-mined business people
...and leave with the focus, determination and enthusiasm to make your plan a reality.
The 5 Most Frequently Asked Questions (and Common Objections
1. I don’t have time.
If you haven’t got time then you definitely need to attend! We will show you how you can be generating the same or more money but in less time. Other people just like you have done this so it is possible and you can do it too. Life is far too short to spend it all working. But you do need to step back, learn how to do it and then follow your plan.
2. I can’t afford it.
You really do need to be there. With your discount (you qualify if you tell us you can’t afford it!) and given that this expense is tax-deductable you’ll be invest just £80ish. We’ll show you in the first-30 minutes how you can cover this cost 10 times over – GUARANTEED. If you don’t get value from the day we offer a no-justification-needed discreet money-back guarantee.
3. Setting Goals and Making Plans doesn’t work for me
If setting goals and making plans works for some businesses it can work for all businesses. We’ll show you how to start simply, make some progress and prove to you that periodically investing a little bit of time to plan pays dividends.
4. I’m fine thanks
Really? Is ‘fine’ what you’re aiming for? Would you advise a child or grandchild to aspire to ‘fine’? Or would you be encouraging them to give it their best shot? To take a few chances? To do what they love? To give and get as much as possible from life?
5. Everyone else has got it sorted so I’m going to be out of place
Nothing could be further from the truth. You’ll be surprised and relieved when people open up and share some of the challenges they have, some of the things they know they should do but don’t do and how they sometimes feel about their business, despite putting a brave face on things. In essence, everyone is in the room because they realise they don’t know it all and they want to make things a bit better. Whatever your business, you’ll be with like-minded, supportive people. After 10 years of leading these events I know you’ll leave the day with the energy and enthusiasm to crack on with making your plan a living, breathing reality.
When & Where
I'm in my 10th year working as a Business Growth Specialist. My background is in Commercial General Management, both in the UK and overseas. My specialism is marketing and business development.