Actions and Detail Panel
Plantsmanship: 8-session course
Thu 12 January 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT
Are you a keen gardener or professional horticulturalist wanting to increase your knowledge and skills?
This course is designed to improve your plant knowledge, enabling you to look closely at plants, how they grow and where they thrive.
This 8-session course will enable you to look in detail at plants and their place in horticulture, so is ideal for plant enthusiasts.
The course will cover the following:
- Complete a project studying a plant family in detail
- Ten plant identification each week giving you with a good knowledge of key plants
- Botany – looking at how plants have adapted to a variety of situations
- In-depth look at plants for places e.g. coastal, shady etc.
- Visit to a local nursery to learn how to propagate plants
- Use of trees in gardens and how to select the best cultivars
- Design a border with a detailed planting plan
- Use that border design to draw up a maintenance schedule
This course will be taught in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with plenty of time for questions and answers and for students to develop their own interests, and you will be able to access the wide range of resources in our Garden House library.
Cost: £325 - to include refreshments.
Thursday morning sessions -10.00 am to 1.00 pm
Dates: 12, 19 January, then 2, 9, 23 February, and 2, 9, 16 March