San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Plumhall have been with Live At All Hallows since the event's birth.... but only now have their first album due out, Thundercloud, and to celebrate they are touring throughout 2014.
Michell Plum (Waking The Witch, Chumbawamba) and Nick Hall (The Hall Brothers) "draw inspiration from very eclectic sources including Nick Lowe, Scott Walker, Ian McNabb, Guy Clark, Kate Bush, Aimee Mann, Everly Brothers, Johnny Cash & June Carter, Chumbawamba and Show of Hands - and they bring all these influences into a sound that is clearly their own, based on powerfully-played acoustic instruments, perfect harmonies and meaningful songs." (bio)
Whatever the analysis, they're fantastic live, so we jumped at the chance of a show on the album tour. Title track Thundercloud can be heard and downloaded on Bandcamp.
Support comes from Jonny Walker, who has been on the LAAH "to book list" since Mike attended one of his Citizens' Kazoo Orchestra protests in Camden last autumn. A professional busker who has only relatively recently started playing traditional gigs whilst continuing to perform on the streets across the UK and Europe, his 2012 debut EP ‘This Is Not Me’ was described as “Heartfelt, unpretentious and utterly charming” by Rocksucker and Jonny himself has been called mix of Dylan, Neil Young and the enigmatic Leonard Cohen. He is a natural storyteller with lyrics that challenge the depths.
Alongside performing Jonny is an activist, founding grassroots advocacy body ASAP! (Association of Street Artists and Performers) and has been featured on BBC and ITV news, The Guardian and extensive local publications, for his ongoing campaign to overturn local and national government policies that place arbitrary restrictions on street music and damage the cultural lives of our towns and cities. He is the Founding Director of the Keep Streets Live Campaign for public spaces that are open to grassroots music and art. In Liverpool, York and Camden he has led public opposition to council policies that stifle street culture. The Live At All Hallows team are pleased to be able to do our bit to help support this important campaign.
"A modern day Ralph McTell as his ability to tell a story with conscience" ... Liverpool Sound and Vision
Tickets £5 advance, £6 on the door. From here and in due course from Jumbo Records, Leeds
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.