Actions and Detail Panel
PM4SD Project Management for Sustainable Development
Thu, 27 Apr 2017, 09:30 – Sat, 29 Apr 2017, 14:00 CEST
PM4SD Foundation Training Courses
Project management and sustainable tourism: this combination forms the basis of PM4SD™ –the international qualification for tourism project management, a new methodology and training course for designing and managing successful tourism projects. Through the PM4SD sustainability certificate, you will build your skills to implement best practices in sustainable tourism. The PM4SD qualification is the next step for anyone involved in this growing industry looking to further demonstrate their commitment to sustainable tourism. The PM4SD™ Foundation training course is a three-day intensive course. Through dynamic lectures, case studies and small group interaction, you will be prepared to take your tourism management skills to the next level and enhance your contribution to sustainability. The Foundation training will provide you with the knowledge and understanding to work effectively within a project management team to successfully deliver a sustainable tourism project. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
Who is right for the program?
- Professionals involved in the day to day management of tourism initiatives for sustainable development: projects managers, executives, project officers, destination manager, members of project or programme boards, project stakeholders, tourist operators, etc.;
- Professionals involved in decision making at a local, regional, national or international level in the fields of sustainable development policy, tourism and cultural heritage management: policy makers, project evaluators, etc.;
- Trainers in the fields of management, tourism, heritage and culture;
- Students in the fields of tourism and cultural heritage management;
- Teachers and researchers in the fields of tourism and cultural heritage management;
- Public authorities, private organisations and public-private partnerships involved in sustainable tourism initiatives.
What you can expect?
You will learn:
- how to design, plan and implement sustainable tourism project successfully;
- how to manage your project and your destination with sustainability;
- how to get funding support for your tourism projects;
- how to monitor your project;
- how to delegate and work effectively with your team and stakeholders.
The PM4SD classes will stimulate you in developing new fresh tourism project ideas and one more key benefit is the opportunity to meet and share ideas with peers from the tourism sector who are committed to sustainable tourism.