Registration 09:30 - 10:00 Seminar: 10:00 - 13:00 followed by lunch
In the Policing and Crime Bill, the policing and fire services are tasked to continue driving efficiency by building closer ties between the police, fire & rescue and emergency ambulance services by redesigning roles and working practises as well as giving more powers to PCCs. The added complexity is the impact of Devolution where fire and police functions can become part of Combined Authorities. And then we have Brexit and the concerns about the impact on how police and the public sector operate within a global environment.
The aim of this seminar is to look at all the changes brought by the Policing and Crime Bill and wider policy changes as a result of devolution and Brexit. The session will cover the key legal provisions in the Bill and the implications it will have for the human resource management, procurement and information sharing functions of the affected services.
Develop Global and Bevan Brittan would like to explore these matters with you and look into practical case studies where increased collaboration brought cost effectiveness and organisational agility as well as point out potential pitfalls and complications
- Policing & Crime Bill
- Key Legal Provisions
- Practical Implications
- Shared Services and Collaboration -- How does collaboration work?
- Policy, financial and other factors driving Blue Light Collaboration
- Powers and duties to collaborate
- Home Office Guidance
- Barriers and overcoming them
- Integration Implications
- Employment T&Cs, pay and grading structures
- Redesigning working practices
- Redesigning processes
- Practical issues arising from Brexit
- State aid & competition law
- Information law
- Human Rights
- Will Brexit make a difference to policing and community safety?
- Devolution and Combined Authorities
- Overview of the Cities and Local Government Devolution Act 2016
- Will the Greater Manchester Devolution model be replicated
- How will PCC functions transition to the Mayor
- Ashley Norman, Partner at Bevan Brittan
- Frances Woodhead, Partner at Bevan Brittan
- Mike Walters, Principal Consultant at Develop Global
- Martin Goodman, Principal Consultant at Develop Global
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in how policing and fire services will be delivered in a changing world. The session will be of interest to those who are involved in developing collaborative arrangements to find ways of improving service delivery. There will be an opportunity to share challenges, learn from others who have done it before and also develop networks with those who are facing similar challenges.
This seminar is FREE
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited and may get over subscribed. Our clients get priority over non clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can to allow all those who wish to attend a place. Where we are heavily over subscribed we will limit places to one or two people per organisation.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch with you within 3 working days
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Absolutely. Feel free to forward them this invitation and ask them to register.
I really want to attend but can't make the date. Will you repeat this event? Even though we may not repeat the specific event we will be holding other events that may be of relevance to you so please email email@example.com with your chosen areas of interest.