This course is aimed at practitioners working with young people who have attended Level 1 Sex and Relationships and who wish to extend their knowledge regarding the influence of pornography on young people’s relationships and sexual health.
To raise awareness of the impact of pornography and the media on young people’s sexual health and increase knowledge regarding the legal framework around this. The course also equips workers with the knowledge and skills to proactively address these issues with young people.
- To explore the availability of pornography and young people’s use of it
- To understand the legal implications of pornography and sexting
- Identify the messages young people receive about sex and relationships from pornography and the potential impact of these
- Clarify how to respond to situations involving pornography and/or sexting
- Explore resources available and acquire practical tools to support young people around issues associated with pornography
Bristol Sex and Relationships Training Network
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
email@example.com - please email for more information
Is this course free?
All courses are free to professionals working in the Bristol area and are delivered on a multiagency basis. If you cannot attend you must let us know 5 working days before the course or you will be charged £30
What if I don't work in Bristol?
You can still apply to attend the training, but you will be charged £30 for half day courses and £60 for full day courses. Where courses become oversubscribed priority will be given to applicants from the Bristol area
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Please contact us if you would like to transfer your place to a colleague from within your organisation
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No - you will be asked to sign in on arrival
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
If you have contacted us to inform us that a colleague will be taking your place, please ensure they update us with their details at the event when they sign in by crossing out the name of the person who originally booked.