Actions and Detail Panel
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) - Pembrokeshire
Tue 9 May 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
The course is designed to provide an awareness of the legal requirements for portable appliance testing and to provide practical portable appliance testing experience.
Delegates who attend will:
- Appreciate the legal requirements for PAT testing
- Be able to determine the frequency of tests and inspections
- Be able to carry out PAT testing
- Legal requirements under the Electricity at Work Regulations and other legislation.
- Definition of terms
- Determining frequency of tests and inspection
- Importance of earthing
- Importance of record keeping
- Labelling of tested equipment
- Visual inspection of appliances and and extension leads
- Determining class and construction of equipment
- Electrical testing of portable appliances and leads through practical PAT exercises
Note A Kewtech PAT tester will be used during the course but delegates are welcome to bring their own PAT testing equipment.
Classroom-based tutorials and ongoing assessment.
Duration 1 day