Actions and Detail Panel
Positive Parenthood Preparation in Pregnancy & Beyond: Knowing the Unknown
Sat, May 13, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM BST
A day-long workshop for pregnant women/partners and new parents
When couples are expecting a baby the antenatal emphasis is preparation for birth, with little attention paid to what happens after the baby is born and how to manage the transition to parenthood. This pre-parenting workshop will provide knowledge, planning, and tools to cope with stress during the transition to parenthood.
There will be morning talks with tips for parents on:
- Normal challenges of parenthood and ways to overcome them
- Overview of common obstetric problems
- Bonding and Attachment, baby care and safety
- Managing expectations about parenthood
and afternoon interactive experiential workshops including:
- Pregnancy, postnatal and baby yoga
- Postnatal Supportive care
- Fathers' needs for mental wellbeing
- Positive ways to navigate the changes in the couple relationship
- Looking after yourself (self-care)
After attending this pre-parenting workshop, couples can expect:
- To understand the normal challenges of parenthood and the impact on the couple relationships after the baby is born.
- To know what some of the unexpected common clinical scenarios in the postnatal period are and care of the newborn.
- To be prepared for a positive journey through the transition to parenthood and improve their parenting experience.
We welcome pregnant couples and new parents with young babies. This is a family friendly event.