Actions and Detail Panel
POSTPONED: Know Your Place Bath – Mapping workshop. Future Date TBA
Fri 31 March 2017, 10:00 – 12:30 BST
POSTPONED: The workshop on 31st March has been postponed. A new date will be announced shortly.
Does your organisation hold historic collections relating to the county of Bath and North East Somerset?
Do you want to make these more publicly accessible online?
Map your collections onto Know Your Place with confidence, with this FREE workshop organised by the Know Your Place - West of England project.
Led by Project Officer Felicia Davies, you'll discover how to use Know Your Place as a digital resource for your research, plus how it will work for you in providing an online platform for your collections material.
Leave the day with a clear plan of action for mapping your collections onto Know Your Place.
The workshop will cover:
- How to Use Know Your Place – introductory tour and demonstration of free online heritage mapping tool
- Behind the scenes – how Know Your Place is working in your area
- Easy 1-2-3 - Methodology for selecting and preparing collections records to be shared on KYP
- Volunteers on the case – Volunteer project Case Study from the Museum of Bath at Work
- Coffee Break – refreshments provided
- Demonstration adding records from The Roman Baths collections onto Know Your Place
- Next steps - Planning Session to help you map out what to do next and what support you need
Planned speakers include:
- Felicia Davies – Project Officer for KYP West of England
- Stuart Burroughs – Director of the Museum of Bath at Work
This training is intended for organisations committed to becoming partners to the Know Your Place project by mapping collections data onto Know Your Place Bath & NE Somerset. This event is free to attend, but places are limited to 1 per organisation booked on a first-come first-served basis.
If you have any queries re. eligibility, please contact Felicia.Davies@southglos.gov.uk before booking.
The Roman Baths, Abbey Church Yard, Bath, BA1 1LZ, https://www.romanbaths.co.uk/getting-here