Potential and Perils of Digital Engagement
Wednesday, 7 June 2017 from 10:00 to 15:30 (BST)
We’ve all heard about social media but what are its merits and pitfalls for local councils and councillors?
This one day interactive course will give you all the insight and tools you need to step up your involvement in digital communication, be that through emails, a website or entering the world of social media with Linked In, Facebook and Twitter.
Who should attend?
- Councillors and Clerks interested in the world of responsible social media engagement
- What is social media?
- Why does it matter for local councils?
- Intelligence - understanding what is being said about work you do and spotting opportunities
- The role of councillors: how can they best get involved
- The role of the Web master
- What social media platforms and engagement techniques are being used by local authorities and town councils?
- The blurring lines between professional and personal online
- Opportunities to save money and harness citizen action
- Protecting against mal-use and abuse.
Please note: Registration from 9.30am for 10am prompt start.
Refreshments and lunch will be served. WiFi is available, please feel free to bring laptops or smart phones.
Regrettably free parking not available, please use the public car parks nearby
Save This Event
When & Where
Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils
The Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils is a membership organisation serving Parish, Town and Community Councils throughout the County of Buckinghamshire.
A County stretching some 50 miles in length, from Milton Keynes in the North to Fulmer in the South, members represent communities ranging from just one hundred to over forty thousand – all with different needs containing a diverse mix of both rural and urban areas.