Actions and Detail Panel
Power Quality & Energy Management: Causes, Effects & Solutions
Thu 15 June 2017, 18:00 – 19:30 BST
This CPD presentation explores a series of case studies and a rationale for energy efficiency, explaining Power Quality Monitoring.
1 Hour CPD Presentation plus Q&A delivered by David Bradley of Socomec
This seminar will cover causes, effects and how alterations to improve energy efficiency can introduce power quality problems and possibly, site investigation by electricity suppliers.
- Harmonics – LED Lighting, Switch Mode Power Supplies, VSDs
- Crest Factor – Tripping of breakers
- Electrical Events – Surges, Sags, Transients, Flicker etc.
- Power Factor – Lead & Lag
- Skin Effect – Heating of cables
- Imbalance – Inefficiency of motors