Our workshop will teach you the basics of how to target the right journalists, tell your stories in an interesting way, and stay relevant in a busy marketplace. We’ll give you a crash course in the dos and don’ts of pitching to the media, how to use pictures to supercharge your chances, and ways to work your social media channels like a pro.
In this two-hour workshop, journalist and PR specialist Kate White and photographer Joe Lenton will show you how to navigate the media and deliver stories that will get into the papers.
The workshop will cover:
- What journalists want and what their publications need
- How to find the right angle for your story and deliver an effective pitch
- How to choose pictures that will enhance and elevate your story
- The secret to writing a great press release
- Promoting the results on social media
Who is this workshop for?
- Students who want to learn about communicating with the media as a business
- Students who plan to launch a startup and need to do their own PR
- Anyone who wants to learn more about PR and talking to the media.
Who are Kate White and Joe Lenton?
Kate White is the director of media communications company Front Page Media UK. Having worked in the national press for 15 years, Kate is an experienced journalist and has been sent a lot of bad PR during her career. She was the news editor for Inside Soap magazine for almost a decade, and has written for a range of publications as a freelance writer. When she moved to Norfolk in 2014, Kate’s mission was to make Front Page Media UK the home of good PR and great copywriting. Using her knowledge of being both sides of the journalist/PR divide, Kate has created this workshop to help those starting on their business journey to communicate with the press correctly from day one.
More information can be found at: www.frontpagemediauk.co.uk
Joe Lenton is an award-winning professional commercial photographer, with his work exhibited nationally and internationally. Joe’s images have appeared in print in various publications including Professional Imagemaker Magazine, The Eastern Evening News, Eastern Daily Press, Creative Talent Magazine, Creative Portrait Magazine and Iceni Magazine. He also runs a consumer photography business providing high quality photography training and fine art images.
Find out more at: www.joelenton.com