Do you want your presentations to hit home? To stick? To motivate? Do you want to lead your listeners by the ears to the doors you want them to open?
Giles Abbott and Leon Conrad of The Academy of Oratory, professional storytellers, writers, voice teachers, rhetoricians with over thirty years’ combined experience helping clients with every aspect of communication, can help.
They will help you improve how you sound, what you say and what you use to support your points. In short, they can help you power up your presentations! This work works! Grab your chance to win!
This course will help you get in touch with your natural voice, and discover powerful ways of using words to make your communication compelling, engaging and interesting.
On this course you will learn how to
- improve your voice quality;
- control 5 independent variables to increase the variety and range of your voice
- use words powerfully to convey strong ideas
- present your thoughts and words in a genuinely powerful way
- and place your acheivements in the context of a larger framework of effective communication
In short, you'll find out how to present at your best, and experience what it's like to present the best self you can be to your listeners to give them the best possible experience of listening to you speak.
When & Where
The Academy of Oratory
About The Academy of Oratory
We help people communicate at their best in any situation.
We help novices increase their confidence.
We help experienced presenters develop their skills further.
We help aspiring leaders to be authoritative, motivational, influential speakers.
Our approach is based on ethical values.
We do what we do not because it is our job, but because we feel it is our vocation.
We believe that effective, ethically based communication is the key to unlocking human potential - individually, in families, in teams and can transform hierarchical organisations for the better, enabling them to be more productive, act more responsibly while creating value for staff and shareholders alike.
At the level at which we work, we see increased empathy, decreased fragmentation, increased engagement.
At The Academy of Oratory, we achieve this by using tried, tested and very practical techniques. Our approach combines the best of classical rhetoric, the power of traditional storytelling and the best of what modern life offers in terms of advances in research and best practice in training.
We get people in touch with their natural voice quality, a quality that is typically rich, resonant, capable of a wide and varied range of expression and a pleasure to listen to.
We help people use words powerfully, and show them how to bring their ideas to life in the minds of their listeners.
We encourage people to bring about positive action through the act of communicating.
We do this - and do it well.
- Group and 1:1 training
- On-site or off-site solutions
- Bespoke training courses
- Voice training
- Presentation skills training
- Public speaking skills training
- Storytelling skills training
- Speechwriting and layout service
- High-end PowerPoint, Keynote and Prezi Presentation design, training and coaching on use in presentations
- Non-linear PowerPoint and Keynote design and training in delivery using non-linear presentation
- Voice Overs
- Training for versatility in accents
- Specialist niche training programmes, eg telephone techniques, sales and negotiation, communication via social confluence, gamestorming facilitation, etc.