Powerful questioning for performance success
This workshop is for London Metropolitan University Staff Only
Managers and supervisors who have responsibility for the performance review and development of their teams.
Why you should attend?
Managers do not need to have all the answers. Having the right questions can be far more powerful as it allows you to find out what’s really going on, hold others to account and make your conversations more two-way.
Powerful Questioning for Performance Success sets the foundation for all of the other events in the series of eight workshops, therefore if you can, you should attend this workshop first before attending the others in the series.
In his best-selling book, “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People”, Stephen Covey says “Seek First to Understand before Being Understood”. This is critical advice for managers and this course will teach you how to do just that.
This course will help you:
- Ask powerful, appropriate and targeted questions
- Use listening, questioning and silence effectively in your conversations
- Find out what’s really going on for an individual
- Encourage others to take ownership for their own performance and issues
- Use questioning to deal with difficult situations or behaviour
Other events in this series:
- Performance and development objectives that work
- Performance review, moving forward through feedback
- Behaviour based interviewing skills
- Managing attendance and wellbeing
- Practical coaching skills
- Resolving conflict effectively
- Leading change resiliently
Hosted by: Centre4Learning
Before reserving a place on this workshop, it is recommended that you discuss your development needs and how you will apply your learning after the event with your Line Manager.