Practical Coaching Skills
This workshop is for London Metropolitan University Staff Only
Managers and supervisors who have responsibility for the performance and development of their teams.
Why you should attend?
Having members of your team asking you for guidance all the time isn’t only time consuming for you, they’re also missing out on an opportunity not only to gain more skills and experience, but also to take more ownership, and so to become more confident in their work as a result.
This practical workshop will show you how to lead your team to find solutions to their own challenges and to motivate them to want to put those solutions into practice, not only for their own benefit but also for the benefit of the wider organisation.
This course will help you:
- Understand when to apply coaching techniques
- Know the three key skills of coaching others
- Apply the GROW Model to work coaching
- Integrate coaching into your culture
Practical Coaching Skills is one of the bitesize sessions in a series of eight workshops for managers and supervisors.
Other events in this series:
- Leading change resiliently (E)
- Powerful questioning for performance success (E)
- Performance and development objectives that work (E)
- Performance Review, moving forward through feedback (E)
- Behaviour based interviewing skills
- Managing attendance and wellbeing
- Resolving conflict effectively
Hosted by: Centre4Learning
Before reserving a place on this workshop, it is recommended that you discuss your development needs and how you will apply your learning after the event with your Line Manager.