Actions and Detail Panel
Practical session: Making padded hangers
Wed 24 May 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
This is a practical session, led by Textile Conservator Zenzie Tinker, to help participants learn how to make padded hangers to enhance the storage and display of costume collections.
The day will cover:
• Why using padded hangers is good practice
• How to decide whether to hang or box your costume
• Examination of a range of conservation grade materials for making padded hangers
• How to make a basic padded hanger - each participant will make a hanger that they can take away with them
• Basic understanding of the range of shoulder and neck shapes you will encounter
• Examination of and discussion about the variety of padded hanger shapes needed.
Please bring note book and pencil and camera (optional)
All other equipment and tools will be provided
Course notes, basic bibliography and materials/suppliers list will be provided
Lunch will be provided.