The aim of the day is for all pupils to;
- Build self-confidence when speaking to new people.
- To experience a formal interview situation in preparation for the future interviews.
- To realise their own strengths, abilities and identifying the skills to develop further.
- Understanding the value of ‘doing well’ at school.
- Learn the good practice of putting together a ‘Progress File’ and ‘C.V’.
- To see the importance of appearance, body language and attitude.
- Gain knowledge of the interviewer’s job role and organisation.
All pupils will be given the opportunity to have an interview of up to about 20 minutes. Each will have had prior lesson time and an assembly to prepare their ‘Progress File’ folder of achievements and produce a word processed ‘Curriculum Vitae’.As an interviewer you will be questioning them about their strengths, abilities, achievements and goals. Interviewers will also talk about their role and their place of work, drawing on their own experiences. Where possible, we try to match the pupil to an interviewer that the pupil has an interest in. At the end of the interview a feedback form will be completed, showing how the interview went, highlighting any areas for improvement. If you would like to be involved with this event then please can you email the attendance form enclosed by Friday 7th April 2017.