San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
rain to Create is excited to present their first ever Berlin Event featuring Pratik Naik: High-End Retouching Series. Proudly sponsored by Wacom, this workshop will focus on high-end beauty and fashion retouching. Pratik will share his workflow focusing on the techniques and the basis for his aesthetic decisions. The event will develop across one intense day of work and it will showcase Pratik’s tricks to optimise the use of Adobe Photoshop CS5 (or higher).
The Workshop’s objectives:
Pratik Naik will discuss the entire process and techniques of retouching focusing with great attention upon the beauty and hair images. He will showcase his peculiar techniques and explain the process behind the practicalities of retouching, including the why and when specific retouching methodologies are employed.
This practical and thorough workshop will teach you how to retouch beauty and fashion shots to make it naturally perfect while not being digitally obvious. You will learn about whitening and straightening the teeth, redefining lips, reshaping and resizing the nose, sharpening eyes, perfecting the face features, adding and removing makeup, creating different skin tones and the most challenging hair correction or redoing as well as creating the background and elegant lighting adjustments to produce that “vogue magazine” output.
You walk away with the knowledge needed to competently evaluate an image, envision the result in the mind’s eye, plan the process and execute the work needed to achieve the vision.
- We talk about the fundamentals of shooting in a way where it will allow you to retouch as little as possible.
- Customizing Photoshop for optimal performance.
- Wacom Tablets: Pros and cons of each and which version to choose.
- Customizing your Wacom tablet for retouching.
- Understanding your Wacom tablet and getting the most out of it.
- Color spaces – Difference between AdobeRGB, ProphotoRGB, sRGB and when to use each.
- Bit Depth – 8 bit vs 16 bit
- Flow vs Opacity – The real difference and what purpose each has in retouching.
- Raw processing – Bringing out the true potential of raw processing.
- Smart objects in retouching and why they are necessary.
- Black and White processing.
- The most efficient and simplest workflow for retouching possible.
- Analyzing why retouching is taking you a very long time and why it doesn’t have to be so.
- Looking at each image and setting up a game plan on how to tackle each shot.
- Allowing Photoshop to help colour correct files for you.
- The easy method of cleaning up backgrounds and backdrops.
- Dodging and Burning – The multiple ways of how to do it as easily as possible.
- Hair – The multiple ways to tackle hair cleanup.
- Healing Brush – The tool that is the principle of retouching.
- We talk about all the details that lay the foundation for perfect retouching and how to heal correctly.
- We also go over how to heal incorrectly and how to execute the brush properly.
- Cloning – The execution and the perfect place to use the healing brush, and how to use it to your advantage.
- Colour Correcting – The easy way to colour correct skin colour casts and blotchiness.
- The ALTERNATIVE to dodging and burning – The fast way to retouch a file, that takes place of dodging and burning all together, saving hours for every image.
- Colour work – How to modify colours of the image according to the editorial standard.
- The end goal is redefining your entire workflow with better tools techniques, processes, and a better analysis of how to get the results you want in the shortest time possible. We save time for personal questions to ensure you are following along with ease.
What you need:
- Own Laptop Photoshop CS5+ installed (CS6 recommended, but the workflow will work with every major version of Photoshop.)
- Knowledge of layers, adjustment layers and masking
- A Wacom tablet will be provided for your use
What you will gain:
The topics discussed in this masterclass will provide you with extremely valuable techniques and competences that you will able to apply to both jobs in top fashion industries and simple works like a ‘Real Pro’.
During the series, you will have the unique opportunity to apply the techniques Pratik will present directly onto your works while being followed by Pratik himself.
At the end of the workshop will leave the classroom with the necessary professional knowledge to assess and analyse an image, preview the final result in his own mind, plan his work and achieve the expected result through professional techniques of the highest level.
Pratik Naik aka Solstice Retouch winner of the Faward as best retoucher of the year 2012, he has over 12,000 online following and his clients include: Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, Zink, FHM, Cosmopolitan, Maxim, Observer, Papercut and many more. Pratik as work for famous photographers such us Joey L, Lara Jade, Anushka Menon, Michelle Fennel and more.
Additionally Pratik is Senior Staff Writer at Fstoppers one of the most followed photographic blogs with hundreds of thousands monthly views.
Überlin – Böckhstrasse 26 | 10967 Berlin
1. There is a 14-day cooling off period following the purchase of the ticket where you will receive a full refund minus a 5% administration fee.
2. 14-day after the purchase of the workshop you are entitled a 50% refund.
3. Cancelations made 14 days prior to the event’s date are non-refundable.
4. You can transfer your ticket to third parties at any time by informing us in writing at email@example.com
5. No refund will be made for non-attendance of the event
Train to Create reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or change the location and the time of an event due to unforeseen circumstances. If Train to Create cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
When & Where
Train To Create
Train to Create is an invitation. A team of photography passionate people that facilitates visual creativity through workshops, conferences and networking.
Train to Create calls at London to connect all passengers interested in expressing their vision through photography, filmmaking and digital arts.
Welcome on board!
We believe in the importance of the creative impulse in human beings. Our mission is to provide opportunities to build on that impulse.
This is what we do:
We create an environment for the sharing of knowledge and expertise.
We maintain a network of lasting collaborations with international artists.
We organise a range of activities, from tailored laboratories to conferences, for the professional and amateur photographers, filmmakers and digital artist interested in developing their skills.
Our gatherings are opportunities for practical training within a professional environment. They are hosted by established artists and photography authors, each of them focusing on their particular area of expertise.
Whether you are a passionate amateur, a semi-professional or a professional photographer, you will have the opportunity to complete the process of a professional shooting, starting from the concept to the final retouching.
In an inspiring setting within London, your creativity will be encouraged by working with models and using the costumes, scenery and lighting equipment of a professional studio. It is a fun and inspiring atmosphere where all the participants are challenged to go through the barriers of their perceived limitations and freely experiment their ideas.