Actions and Detail Panel
Pre-application community consultation - getting the benefits
Tue 28 March 2017, 12:30 – 16:00 BST
Welsh Government has introduced mandatory pre-application community consultation for all significant planning applications.
For developers, communities and local planning authorities, one of the biggest challenges of this new requirement will be ensuring that community consultation happens in a meaningful and inclusive way, bringing benefits for all involved.
This event will:
- explain the new requirements for pre-application consultation.
- develop understanding of how good community consultation can benefit the development process, from the perspectives of the community, developer and local planning authority.
- explore new approaches to community involvement, using real examples of good practice.
- provide information and practical advice to those planning, engaging in, or assessing community consultation.
- Owen Struthers, Welsh Government
- Elwyn Thomas, Planning Aid Wales.
- Andrea Kellegher, Turley.