Actions and Detail Panel
Pregnancy Yoga at Yogabase Islington
Fri 11 November 2016, 17:30 – 18:30 GMT
A complete practice for expecting mothers to build strength and suppleness of the body and mind, but with respect for the little passengers they carry on board.
This class focuses on asana (postures) and pranayama (breath work) that help alleviate common ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, sciatica, shortness of breath, and more. These practices also prepare the mind and body for birthing. Women will find that they have an abundance of movements, positions, and breathing techniques to draw upon when the time comes for their own unique birthing experience.
During this period of constant change, the yoga mat is a place to feel grounded, rejuvenated, strong, and inspired.
Nearest tube stations are Angel, Essex Road, Highbury & Islington
Why practice yoga?
- Learn yoga postures and movements safe to practice during pregnancy
- Maintain and develop your stamina in preparation for birthing
- Find relief for aches and pains associated with pregnancy
- Cultivate a deeper breath to aid with breathlessness during pregnancy and managing labour
- Develop techniques for relaxation to call on during birthing and other stressful times
- Practice ideal labouring and birthing postures
- Compliment your natural birthing plan
REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT!