Pregnancy yoga provides a precious time and space for a mum or mum-to-be to connect with her baby and cultivate a physical, mental, emotional, and physical practice that not only fosters her own health, but that of her baby, throughout pregnancy, birthing and beyond.
This class focuses on asana (postures) and pranayama (breath work) that help alleviate common ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, sciatica, shortness of breath, and more. These practices also prepare the mind and body for birthing. Women will find that they have an abundance of movements, positions, and breathing techniques to draw upon when the time comes for their own unique birthing experience. During this period of constant change, the yoga mat is a place where women will feel feel grounded, rejuvenated, strong, and inspired.
What you can expect:
- 75 minute pregnancy class suitable for practitioners at all levels (including first-timers!)
- semi-private (2-4 students) environment lending to more personalised modifications and variations
- a physical practice filled with postures and flowing movements to increase suppleness, strength, and balance
- pranayama (breath practices) that help calm the nervous system and increase oxygen flow to the womb and throughout the body
- sufficient mats, props and supports to maximise the effectiveness of the practice
- a deep relaxation to close and allow the body and mind to rest completely
CLASS PACKS AVAILABLE
When & Where
Elisa was first drawn to yoga while living in New York City, where her mat became an oasis of calm and clarity. Inspired by her teachers, she completed her yoga teacher training at Laughing Lotus Yoga Center (200-RYT). As her practice deepened, she found herself drawn to the therapeutic applications of yoga, especially as it pertained to pregnancy. After moving to London, she pursued this interest and earned her pregnancy yoga teacher certification with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Lisa White at Yogacampus. She currently teaches basics, open-level, pregnancy and postnatal classes in London.
Elisa’s primary style is Vinyasa, and its flow-like qualities are evident no matter the class type. Her classes are highlighted by intelligent sequencing and creative movement to nurture a continuously evolving practice, suitable for practitioners of all levels. She is forever grateful for every step, whether forward or back, that has ultimately guided her on this path called life.
Elisa is a registered teacher with Yoga Alliance UK. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance UK. For more information contact ElisaLeeYoga@gmail.com. ElisaLeeYoga.com